Dudu-Osun, meaning Black Soap, is a staple in African skincare routines. Created for hundreds of years, this age old tradition is still loved and used by many today, and soon you can too.
The company was founded by Mr Ogunrinde of Tropical Naturals just outside Lagos in Nigeria. Committed to sourcing only local ingredients for their black soap production this high quality Organic African Black Soap is made the traditional way.
Honey is picked wild and placed in boxes made by the soap factory employees. Aloe Vera leaves are delivered fresh to the factory and washed by hand before use. The sustainable Palm kernel is delivered by another farmer, milled, pressed and filtered. All natural ingredients are mixed into a black broth adhering to a traditional recipe handed down through the generations.
Combining an assortment of natural ingredients, this soap has benefits like no other on the market today.
- It is the perfect soap to soothe Sensitive, Dry and Problem Skin without any irritation.
- Can be used on the Face, Body and Hair with its nourishing combination of ingredients.
- Contains wonderfully natural mix of ingredients including – Palm Kernel Oil (Sustainably sources), Ashes of Cocoa Pods, Natural Glycerine, Shea Butter, Honey, Citrus Juice, Camwood, Aloe Vera.
- The addition of the Shea Butter and the Aloe Vera provides this soap with moisturising properties so post shower lotions and potions are now a thing of the past.
- Its unique black shade comes from Cocoa Pod Ashes, and the Alluring Sandalwood scent comes from the African Camwood. It is the perfect soap for man and women.
Palm Kernel Oil (sustainably sourced) Ashes of Cocoa Pods, Water, Natural Glycerine, Shea Butter, Perfume, Honey, Lemon Juice, Lime Juice, African Sandalwood (Camwood), Whole Leaf extract of Aloe Vera.
Applications of Dudu-Osun Black Soap
A Natural Moisturiser – African black soap contains shea butter, which moisturizes skin but doesn’t clog pores. Shea butter also gives the soap some UV-protection properties.
A Gentle Cleanser – The soap cleanses gently, so it’s supports skin regimes for people who suffer from rosacea, rashes, dryness and other skin conditions like acne.
A Natural Face / Bodywash & Shampoo – Traditionally Dudu-Osun African Black soap has been used on the face and body but can also be applied to the hair/scalp as a natural shampoo.
Shaving Cream – The soap lathers really well so can double us as a shaving cream. With the beneficial ingredients of aloe vera and shea butter is also ensures your shave is irritation free.
A Deep Cleansing Face Mask – Work the soap into a lather and leave lather on your face/neck for up to 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.